Friday 12 May 2017

Tapa Turtles

Tapa Turtles


This term we have been
learning about how to make tapa cloths and we learnt
 about symmetry with Mrs  
 White.I learned how to carve and reflect shapes.   
I enjoyed it because I got to do carving,printing and fun
Math games.
I really liked the activity wrap it up because I could do any design.
This is my tapa turtle it was fun making tapa.IMG_9563.JPG


We made our tapa cloth different to the way you're meant to.First we had to do a bit of research then we had to trace a tapa turtle onto a piece of thin cardboard.My hands got sore because we had to trace the turtle against the window so I had to keep stopping.We had to draw a design on a piece of paper and then carved the design on a square piece of wood.Next we had to draw a design on our turtle's once  we had put the design on our turtle's we went over the designs in black ink.
Then we got two strips of paper and got a roller and rolled over our carving with black paint.
then we translated our print block (our carving) on the strip of paper until the piece of paper was covered with your carving design.once our tapa turtle and carving design was dry we glued the strips and tapa turtles to the tapa.then we were FINISHED!

No comments:

Post a Comment